Strathmore University represented. This is Amos Ng’ang’a. Check out his social accounts for more of him; @Amos_Nganga on twitter and @amosnganga on instagram.
- First, just tell us about yourself and what you are involved in.
I am a young dedicated programmer in his early stages of adulthood, an undergraduate student at Strathmore University studying one of the IT courses provided.
- Your love for traveling, is it inborn or due to your line of work/activities?
My love for travelling has developed due to my line of activities. As a programmer, I go round to sites I am to work on, hence a lot of travel opportunities. I regularly travel around various locations in the country and I am set on seeing new places as I grow older and older in life.
- Are you contented with how much you have traveled and places you have visited so far?
Not yet, there is so much that I’m yet to see in this country.
- What was your best destination, so far?
Hike to top of Mt. Kenya.
- How often do you travel?
Monthly, depending on availability of time and funds.
- What are the most important lessons you have learnt from your trips?
Always be prepared. Carry extra items and cash just in case anything happens.
- What is the most frustrating part about trips?
The cold, mahn…worst thing ever.
- Do you consider yourself a traveler or a tourist? Why?
A traveler. My view in life is to cover as much distance as possible and for this I consider myself a traveler. Whatever I see is a bonus, though I am not so much
- Funtravel Hot Seat: You are going for a road trip, but you have only two seats left and have three ladies to invite on board; Brenda Wairimu, Sarah Hassan and Sharon Mundia. One will sit next to you (at the front), the other will sit at the back of the bus and the third will not board. Who will be where?
Sharon Mundia would take the shotgun seat, that’s next to me. With all those blog posts I bet she has a lot of stories to tell. Sarah Hassan would sit at the back, and Brenda would just have to stay home.
We are grateful to @ for the interview. If you have any comments, please share on the comments’ section or via our twitter page @funtravelke . You can also suggest anyone to be considered for future interviews. Thank you.
Twitter https://twitter.com/funtravelke | Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005998608845 | Vimeo https://vimeo.com/user38090791 | Instagram https://instagram.com/funtravelke/