Do you know Frank Nyambok? We bet very few of you do. A quiet guy, like most IT guys, who only talks through his web and software ideas and projects. Follow him on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram: Nyambok Frank.
- First, just tell us about yourself and what you are involved in.
I am fun loving, very much outgoing and always relishing a new challenge in life. A web and software developer by profession.
- Your love for tourism and traveling, is it inborn or due to your line of work/activities?
I have to say it is a developed interest mostly from stories of friends and family, I also wanted to have my own stories to tell.
- Are you contented with how much you have traveled and places you have visited so far? What was your best destination?
I have not yet reached the point where I can say I have traveled enough, but the places I have been to are all magical and I do appreciate each and every place I have been to.
My best destination so far has to be Rusinga Island on Lake Victoria.
- Take us through your travel bucket-list.
I love Africa. So here it goes,
- Pyramids in Egypt.
- The beaches of Zanzibar.
- Madagascar, due to watching so much penguins of Madagascar.
- The forest in Congo, would love to see a silver back gorilla in the wild.
- Victoria falls, Zimbabwe.
- The Masai Mara during the wildebeest migration.
- How often do you travel?
Always be prepared for anything and everything. And if you didn’t carry a camera then that trip never happened (Laughs).
- What is the most frustrating part about trips?
It has to be the bad roads.
- Do you consider yourself a traveler or a tourist? Why?
I think I am a traveler mostly due to the fact that I don’t take months to plan on where I am visiting. I just go wherever I can enjoy myself and have fun. Even at a moment’s instance if I’m free and there is plan I can show up, even if that means going hill climbing wearing sandals (Laughs loudly).
- Any comments on #TembeaKenya efforts and to others about traveling through Kenya?
We need to enjoy our beautiful country, #TembeaKenya is one of the best initiative by young guys that I have come across. Fun way to learn, bond and make new friends at the same time.
- Funtravel Hot Seat: You are going for a road-trip, but you have only two seats left and have three ladies to invite on board; Brenda Wairimu, Sarah Hassan and Julie Gichuru. One will sit next to you (at the front), the other will sit at the back of the bus and the third will not board. Who will be where?
That’s easy, will leave Julie at the bus stop and take Sarah Hassan and Brenda onto the bus. Sarah will be at the front seat telling us Tahidi high stories, I guess she has several. Let Brenda take the back seat.