If you are an avid instagram user, you have probably seen his shots already. Today it’s Juma Gakesho, @jgakesho on instagram, on that hot seat. A lover of both nature and photography, inseparable if you ask us. Check his page on facebook
- We have noticed you have immense love for photography and nature, how and when did this start? My love for photography started in my second year in college while doing my diploma in journalism and public relations, I majored in photography and fell in love with the beauty of this country.. its been an awesome since.
- Do you prefer traveling alone or with a group of people? Why? Traveling in a group is always fun and more preferable than going alone, plus everyone brings a different set of skills which may/should be useful while on the road.
- How do you go about planning your budget for your trips? First thing is researching on the area we will be going to, if on a working trip its easier to plan on what to do when you get free time while there. Otherwise we just work with the estimates of the kind of trip we want to have.
- What means of transport do you prefer to travel with? And Why? As a photographer road is my preference because you see more and see the vastness of the country.
- You have been to different parts of Kenya, what was that new destination you found out and had never heard of? It has to be Achers post in Samburu, I didn’t know what to expect but it ended up to be one of the most memorable places I’ve ever been to.
- What are 5 destinations or activities in your bucket list?
- Mountain Gorilla trekking in Uganda
- Visit more local reserves and conservancies
- Deep sea diving in Zanzibar
- Lamu and its environs
- A night around a bonfire in the wild or a night under the moon on the beach? Definitely a night around a bonfire in the wild.
- Any travel plans for 2015? Let’s wait and see what the year brings. I am hoping there will be a lot of travels.
- It won’t be right if we do not ask you this, what has been your favorite destination thus far? Masai land, a tiny village in Narok won it for me. The people were really nice and I made many friends.
- Any comments on #TembeaKenya and to others about traveling? It’s an awesome tag to showcase the many different places that Kenya has to offer. You get to see the many places you can plan for travels and market local tourism.
We are grateful to @JGakesho for the interview. If you have any comments, please share on the comments’ section or via our twitter page @funtravelke . You can also suggest anyone to be considered for future interviews. Thank you.